Dripstop Solution... factory applied moisture control
DRIPSTOP is a factory-applied material that controls condensation. When temperature and humidity conditions reach the dew point, moisture condenses on the underside of a metal roof and forms drops of water. This can rain down on anything below it causing serious damage and irritation. DRIPSTOP traps this moisture in the pockets of its membrane material. DRIPSTOP holds moisture until conditions rise above the dew point, and it is released back into the air in the form of normal humidity.
The roof panel with DRIPSTOP anti-condensation felt provides a medium for trapping the moisture in the specially designed pockets formed in the membrane. DRIPSTOP holds the moisture until normal dew point conditions return, and the moisture is released back into the air in the form of normal humidity. DRIPSTOP anti-condensation felt is self adhesive and is applied to the metal panel in the tool forming process. As a result, DRIPSTOP arrives at the building site already in place and installs with the roofing panels.
How To Properly Prep Panels and Trim
1. For all points of exposure to outside environment, a recommended length of the panel should be prepared, such as:
- Eave overhang (overhang + 1″)*
- Panel to panel end laps (length of lap minus 1/4″) recommended to avoid end laps and run panels continuously from eave to ridge
- Ridge cap laps (length of lap minus 1/4″)
2. Lay/stack panels with Dripstop Condensation Control material facing up and recommended length of each panel exposed.
3. Using a heat gun set at 1200 degrees Fahrenheit, move the gun along the exposed end portion of each panel, heating/fusing the fibers of the Dripstop.
- Hold the heat gun approximately 1″ away from the Dripstop material.
- Keep the heat gun in constant motion to avoid overheating one spot, potentially damaging the panel’s finish.
- Do not completely melt the Dripstop material.
- If at lap, do not extend fusing past the lap.
4. Allow panels to cool. Install panels as normal.
*Eaves may be prepared after installation of panels